VOLUNTEER WITH US IN PORTUGAL!
We are looking for makers to stay in our rural Creative Hub and Fablab from February 2022-November 2022.
Precious Plastic Alentejo is a European Solidarity Corps project supported by the European Commission (2020-3-PT02-ESC11-007468), coordinated by Buinho Associação, and running in Portugal from February 2021 until January 2023 (24 months).
Interested? Please feel free to reach out to us.
The objectives of the project include:
- Place the Messejana Precious Plastic Recycling center at the service of neighboring communities, increasing the scale of intervention and responding to the needs of the territory;
- Develop an educational program dedicated to sustainability, with practical activities in the areas of recycling, repair, and biomaterials;
- Enable other organizations and local communities to develop their own resources to reduce the volume plastic debris;
- Promotion of a maker, creative and resilient culture in our region (Baixo Alentejo), linking the different values of our project in Messejana with those of others in neighboring locations;
- Training of volunteers: promoting language learning, contact with new education methodologies non-formal, experience new activities and areas of intervention, acquisition of other transversal competencies that enhance active participation in society.
VOLUNTEERS TASKS - PRECIOUS PLASTIC
We expect the support of the volunteers in the following tasks:
- Operation of the recycling machines, namely the shredder, extruder, compressor and injector
- Washing and preparation of the plastic waste for recycling
- Development of products made of recycled plastic
- Making presentations and special activities with neighboring communities around Messejana
- Support in the building of the Precious Plastic Machines suitable for the creation of a distributed network of recycling nodes
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- is dedicated to bring creativity and innovation to rural communities by building Precious Plastic Recycling Centres
- is inspired by the maker movement & loves to develop educational programs
- is committed to work with a team of creatives for 10 months