Jovenes Maker ~ Young Makers
a project aimed at young people in the city of León.
Throughout the school year, practical lessons will be taught so that students acquire sufficient technical skills to be able to carry out a project of their choice.
At the end of the course, participants present their projects in an event to which families will be invited.
In short, it consists of bringing science and technology closer to homes through young people, promoting the social and economic utility of science and technology, thus promoting scientific vocations among non-university youth.
It is aimed at 12-18 years old children. Exceptions can be made for a bit younger children.
Poderosas ~ Powerful
project develops and implements educational programs and events designed to encourage engagement among girls with technology, promote self-confidence and support the aspiration of technical careers.
With this program, and within the STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics) framework, it is intended to capture the innate abilities of girls in relation to these 5 pillars through attractive projects for girls of these ages.
Aims are that the girls:
- Learn without realizing it, because you will seek the theoretical foundations as you need them in your practical applications
- Develop their creativity by making what is only in her head a reality
- Learn from their classmates and, at the same time, teach their classmates (P2P Learning, peer to peer)
- Get used to working with others creating a climate of cooperation and contribution
- Learn to express themselves in public, since there will be public activities in which girls are invited to participate by showing their projects
And also, have fun with it, at the pace and level that she wants :)
project that aims at changing children’s thinking, from consumers to creators, making them better prepared for the future that awaits them.
The theoretical content will be explained in the workshop itself, in the actual realization of the projects applying an innovative learning system that has been used for several years in FabLab León, imported from MIT and that consists of explaining the theoretical foundations as they are needed in the development of projects.
Most of the activities will be carried out in the workshop while the classroom is used to update the documentation and present the work carried out. The mix of theoretical and practical classes in a proportion of 20-80.
Finally, it is not just about robotics or programming, but about improving the non-technological qualities of children. Here is what we want to improve:
- Social Competencies - Not only technical knowledge is important.
- Design and programming - Transformation of ideas into practice
- Digital Manufacturing Tools - Something that only exists in Fab Lab León
All these projects were constructed with the STEAM frameworks Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics present for many years in numerous FABlabs all over the globe.
The future of children is to become creators, not consumers.